Take your membership a step further and volunteer for one of our organization’s group activities, events or projects! Email email@example.com for more information.
TUWA Activity Groups for 2019 – 2020
Activity Group participants must be TUWA members and have paid the annual dues (with the exception of first-year members). Individual or group fees may apply for meals or various activities. New groups may be created depending on the expressed interest each year.
ART AND ARTISTS
Our most popular group! Meets monthly for tours of current exhibits in New Orleans’ galleries and museums, often with artist talks or meet-and-greets.
Chairperson: Weedie Frazier, 504.450.3894 or firstname.lastname@example.org
APRIL’S CRAFTY HANDS
Meetings are usually held the fourth Tuesday of the month from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Latter Library to share crafts and craft-making techniques.
Chairperson: Eileen Ryan, email@example.com
TUWA BOOK CLUB – Reading List 2020-2021
The TUWA Evening Book Group meets on the second Wednesday of every month, from 7:30 to 9:00 in the Newcomb College Faculty Lounge (Room 114, Newcomb Hall). NOTE: During Fall 2020 we will NOT meet at Newcomb Hall, due to uncertainty about safety during the pandemic. We will meet over Zoom; Susan will send out the Zoom link prior to the September meeting. At some point during the fall we will discuss plans for where and how to meet during Spring 2021. Contact Susan Brower at 504-616-4118 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The person listed for each date is responsible for the following:
Provide brief biographical information on the author (5-10 minutes), and then lead the discussion. Please come prepared with questions, thoughts, and ideas for the group to discuss. (In “normal” times this person is also the “Wine Bearer”…)
September 9: Winthrop, Elizabeth. Counting on Grace. (Maria Elena Amador)
October 14: Feldman, Deborah. Unorthodox. (Barbara Knill)
November 11: Camus, Albert. The Plague. (Terri Santa-Caloma)
December 9: Moyes, Jojo. The Giver of Stars. (Susan Brower)
January 13: Evans, Lissa. Their Finest Hour and a Half. (Penny Thompson)
February 10: Woodson, Jacqueline. Red at the Bone. (Carla Pritchett)
March 10: St. John Mandel, Emily. The Glass Hotel. (Aubrey Rector)
April: 14: Lai, Larissa. When Fox is a Thousand. (Adi Flory)
May 12: Celebration & Planning for next year: Bring food or drink to share and 2 books to recommend.
- Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi. Americanah.
- Atwood, Margaret. The Testaments.
- Barker, Pat. The Silence of the Girls.
- Barry, John. The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History.
- Broom, Sarah. The Yellow House.
- Cummins, Jeanine. American Dirt.
- Doyle, Brian. Mink River.
- Edugyan, Esi. Washington Black.
- Eng, Tan Twan. The Garden of Evening Mists.
- Helprin, Mark. Paris in the Present Tense.
- Hunt, Samantha. The Invention of Everything Else.
- Jemison, N.K. The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, Book 1).
- Lindgren, Astrid. War Diaries, 1939–1945.
- McBride, James. Deacon King Kong.
- Orange, Tommy. There There.
- Owens, Delia. Where the Crawdads Sing.
- Penny, Louise. Still Life.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF FOR MORE DETAILS
Chairperson: Marlane Drake, 504.330.3369 or email@example.com
Tulane University Campus events